Jon commenced his culinary career in his home country of Turkey before shifting to the Middle East in 2009 to work for Starwood Hotels & Resorts as a Chef de partie in W Doha before heading to Dubai as Sous Chef in Ottomans Restaurant at Grosvenor House. Deciding it was time for a new challenge; Jon left the hotel industry and went on to become the Executive Chef in 2012 for the Yildiz Saray restaurant in Dubai.
Commencing on his new role at Manhattan Grill, Chef Jon says “I’m excited as I have had the chance to express my love of new age and contemporary cuisine and make it shine through in my new menu. It’s all about incorporating different flavors on the plate to achieve a new and individual style of dining. Keeping in mind Dubai’s fast moving pace and the diverse clientele, I decided to create dishes that can relate to everyone, but with a modern twist”.
The restaurant will embark on the launch of its new menu starting April 5th, featuring premium beef such as marble score 9+ Wagyu beef with “melt in the mouth” moisture and tenderness of a caramel/buttery flavor that is intensely sweet and delicate and the all-time favorite Aberdeen Angus beef. With a wide offering of contemporary dishes that are both crisp and creative in appearance and flavor, the menu has a serene balance of creations that don’t solemnly cater to the meat lovers at heart. “Throughout this varied menu lies the emphasis on the wooden grill, where cooking food over a wooden fire provides the unique addition of flavors that you just can’t simulate in a normal kitchen”, says Chef Jon.
Signature dishes on the new menu include:
– The Wagyu beef tartare with truffle oil, chili and quail egg which is smoked in mustard and cherry wood. The softest part from the beef, namely the tenderloin, is used. A creamy velouté sauce and pickled vegetables are served on the side (Appetizer AED85).
– Hokkaido scallops – green apple marmalade, watercress, chives and Jerusalem artichoke (Appetizer AED85).
– Lap sang tea consommé – smoked chicken, shimeji mushroom and fragrant oil (Soup AED50).
– Tender Wagyu beef short ribs are slow cooked and glazed with veal jus flavoured with star anise, served with marjoram potato gratin, caramelized onion and black truffle (Main course AED160).
– Grand Cru Chocolate dessert -Almond feuilletine and raspberry (Dessert AED45).
– Newly appointed Chef de Cuisine Jon Savash
– Launch of a new menu starting April 5th, 2015.
– Diners are presented with a meat case by the waiters who will explain the different grades of beef as well as the distinction between the rib eye, sirloin and tenderloin cuts.
– Approximate price indication for a dining experience at Manhattan Grill is AED 400 per person.
Open 7 days a week
Lunch: 12:30pm to 3:00pm
Dinner: 7:00pm to 11:30pm (until 12:00am on Thursdays and Fridays)
Closed for lunch on Fridays and Saturdays
For reservations please call +971 4 317 2222 or visit restaurants.dubai.hyatt.com